Sunday, July 29, 2007

A rant~!

It's so weird not being able to call my niece now, they are all moved into their new house and she has no phone or internet right now until the 8th.
favorites60.gif pulling hair out smilie image by smiliegirl2007
  She cant' even check out the new pics and video I have posted yet lol.  Today seems so quiet without Brady and Jenna here.  It's just Nick and I and I'm about to start shampooing my carpet. I was going to do it last night but instead we went to see the fireworks but I was so ticked off about them.  Here is what happened:

24dk1gw.gif Fire works image by 12345lr

 First, Nick and I are on our way home from visiting my niece (it's around 8pm) and we were going to go home first and then go watch the fire works (supposedly the best in the state) the traffic was crazy on the way home...about a mile and 1/2 before my exit we are a complete stop! It took 1/2 hour just to get off the exit and onto my road for home! We go let the dogs out change Nick and off we went.  I realize that I am almost OUT of gas so I thought ok I will stop and get gas and wash my windshield since we watch them from the van.  CAN'T get to my freaking gas station!  The cops would not let me turn onto the ONLY way left (all other roads are blocked off) to the gas station (our freaking town was jam packed and it's a very small town) Thousands of people showed up for the "best fire works in the state" Well, that's fine and dandy but let me get some GAS so I don't run out with my baby and have to walk home~!  I finally just stayed in the turn lane and the cops came over (after waving me furiously on..I didn't budge lol)  And said MAAM do you not see me waving you to the high way.  umm..ya but I don't want to go on the highway I want to get some GAS.  I told him I am on empty and need to get gas so I can get my baby home~! he says "do you live here?" I say "ya" so he finally let me through.  GEEZ ok so after trying to find my way through ALL the parked cars in the gas station parking lot I finally got my gas!  THEN,we got there (to our spot)  at 9pm  (it was dark) usually they start right about then. We got a terrific spot and realize OH crap...forgot to wash my windshield! Oh well we will have to live! so we waited...and waited...and waited...and waited.  It's now 10pm (really dark now)  and so I thought, ok we will wait 15 more min and then there were some low ones but nothing great at all.  Five more min pass and there were a few more low ones with some booms.  Then nothing,  Nick is getting very impatient so I decide...screw it were going home...maybe that was it..I did hear that they were going to be very low this year because the neighbors are complaining that there were sparks all over their yards.  So at 10:30 we leave...by now Nick is asking to go home.  As we were almost home they STARTED!  I could see them ok from our road so we pulled over on our road and watched most of them.  THEY WERE GOOD!~ I was so ticked that I lost our perfect spot!  Ya know when the paper says they will start at dusk...START THEM AT DUSK! GRRR  Kids can not wait for hours!~  There were already lines of cars at 8pm already.  And here I thought we were going to be late because we got there at 9pm!~  Ok rant done! lol

Anyway, diet is going very well today again...nick and I are just hanging out and cleaning today until daddy gets home.  We miss him a lot! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the fireworks for a special reason or just no reason at all ?  It's funny you  had fireworks yesterday. Yesterday, some kids around the corner from me set off their stupid firecrackers all day and into the evening. When they first started, they lit off an M-80 and I just about jumped out of my skin.  Maybe they knew about a holiday I didn't know about.  Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))sounds like you had a dooie of a night,but,glad you all got to see the fireworks.

Anonymous said...

I tried to email you but it won't go thru...my reply to your comment in my journal;        "Isn't that weird how the alerts don't work sometimes....I've had the same thing happen to me.  Yes, I've been posting entries all along.  I don't remember if you saw my 4th of July entry, but I posted about our day on Tacoma's waterfront and then a short video of Tacoma's fireworks out over the water of Puget Sound.   I thought it was funny that you had fireworks and the brats around the corner were setting off their left over firecrackers and rockets all on the same day.   Linda"