Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Very hot and Very muggy

You know it's hot and muggy when you walk outside your air conditioned house and your glasses fog up!  lol  WOW It is really muggy!  This morning I come down to let the dogs out and every window was fogged over!  We kept it 74 and dry in the house when it was close to 90 outside today. 

Nick is napping so I thought I would jump on here and tell you all that the day is going great!  So far so good with the food and of course I won't be eating out because I will not be going anywhere.  We are making sweet and sour chicken for dinner today and later today I will put the recipe here so anyone who is interested in making this can.  It's about the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I have tasted.  The kids LOVE it and it's their fav dish by far.  My daughter comes home ans asks us to make it whenever she is home.  My hubby just made it up but it turned out wonderful!  The ingredients are:

3 Chicken breast:  Sometimes we used the frozen breast you get in a bag...and sometimes we use fresh. doesn't really matter.

3 T of minced garlic...we used the stuff you can buy in the jar

1 C diced onion.  For fast we use the frozen chopped you can get at walmart in the frozen veggie isle

3 chicken bullion cubes..whatever brand you want

Peppers: 
One yellow, orange,a and green or you can use a red one in place of one of the others also.  We use three whole peppers total.

1 small can of pineapple tidbits drained...we save the juice and use for other dishes like the burbon chicken.

soy sauce 
you can use lite or reg...not using much in this dish at all

1 bottle ofkraft sweet and sour sauce...this is the bestwe have tried so far and we have tried many different ones.  It does make a huge difference when you use different sauces.  We find this at walmart..it's in a plastic bottle with blue label

White jasmine rice:  we use our rice cooker (life saver) when making our rice...it's done to perfection every time and we purchased it at walmart for only 20 some bucks!  We use it all the time! 

I think that's all the ingredients but will update with directions later tonight after we make it...I will also take a picture of it for you to check out to see if you would be interested in making it.

  Now it's not like the red sauced sweet and sour chicken with the deep fried coating over the chicken pieces but this is MUCH better lol. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good and I'm hungry! What time do we eat?
*Hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious I love chicken and rice so I'll have to write it down and try sometime. I don't have a rice cooker, but have looked at them. Everyone that has one says they love them. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Chicken and rice are one of my favorite meals.
Missie