Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Breakfast time

Well again I'm up early preparing "breakfast" were having chili cheese chicken (my all time fav) I got the recipe somewhere here in jland.  It's seriously the best chicken recipe I ever tasted.   And along with that were having stove top stuffing and peas.  I'm out of potato's today so stove top will fill in for them ;) 
Well, I had two alerts come in early this morning but that's it!  I hope that means they are starting to work again? 
 
Here is what you need for the chicken.

Cheeze it crackers
Sour cream
chili powder
4 skinless chicken breast 1/2 inch thick

Preheat oven to 350*


First you have to grind up about 1/2 of a box (16 0z box) of cheez it crackers in a food processor or hand grinder which is what I use, and mix that mixture with 1 T of chili seasoning.  Set aside

Here is what it will look like:



Wash and dry (very important to dry them or the sour cream will not stick) 4 chicken breasts...if they are to thick cut them in half and make into two breasts.  1/2 inch thick is what your looking for.  
Take out a 1/2 container of the sour cream (16 0z container) Or if you can find the 1/2 sizes I would get those if you have no use for the left overs.  We always make use of them...the kids eat the left over crackers and we use sour cream on several different things.  Just make sure you take out half of the container of sour cream and put it in something else to spread over your chicken. 

Spread a good layer of sour cream over dry breast with a butter knife stick that side right into the bowl with the cheeze it mixture and press down.  Then stick your hand under to pick it up...trying to keep as much of the mixture on as possible.  Do the same to the other side of the breast and then put on a non stick cookie sheet.  You can spray with pam if your pan is not non stick.  So the same for all breasts and cook at 350 for exactly 30 min.  Perfect every time ;) 

Well breakfast is done and the guys are gone already...i had my entry up for an hour now lol  I had to take some pictures of what Stefan did last night.  So I had to wait till it got light.   I hope everyone has a great day.

 Can you see what it says in the snow??? It says I love M + D Stefan got bored last night I guess. :)  Those letters are much deeper then then look.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good! :)  May have to try that recipe once I ammore able to movemy wrist.  :)

I love the note in the snow..I remember doing that when I was a kid for my parents! :)

God Bless

janis

Anonymous said...

I admire you for being able to get up early and make such wonderful breakfasts for your family.  Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Another recipe!  YEAH!!!  I just love it when you give recipes!!!
Awww...Stefan is so sweet!  I'll bet that was a COLD job!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

that recipe sounds great :)  going to have to give it a try!

i'm still so impressed that you make all of that for breakfast :)  i love it!

take it easy~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Jimmy says we have to try the chicken and that is so sweet what Stefan did. I love it!

Kallie

Anonymous said...

that chicken recipe sounds divine!
HUGs, lisa

Anonymous said...

YOU GUYS ARE BORED I'm telling you. LOL naw that was really sweet of him to do that. He's a good kid. The chicken sounds great. The other day I was gonna make the tuna, gravy and biscuits, but I wanted peas in them and I didn't have any. I was looking for a comfort food it's cold outside.
No school again today. It snowed and sleeted again all last night. It's dark and quiet outside right now, but the sun won't come up for two hours yet.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Just how sweet is that snow picture....I Love Stefan!!!

Your meal looks so yummy!!! I may try that sometime when my parents are here because my Daddy loves chicken.

Oh, I got your $2.00...I wish you wouldn't have done that, but thank you. Sometimes, you just have to let someone do something nice for you...it makes the other person happy to do it!  I sent you two more.....

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

The chicken sounds good.  Stefan is so sweet!  Love the pics.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am printing this recipe off.  I cooked and took pictures again last night.  I am trying a few pepper and shrimp recipes for our camping trip in March.

I can't believe how much snow you have!!!  Do you get cabin fever?  Or can you get out and about?  
debbie

Anonymous said...

Gawdomighty that is a lot of snow! LOL. That meal sounds delicious!!! Easy too, and fast. I like easy and fast.