Saturday, February 2, 2008

Recipe for Cassie &Linda/Pictures

Like I said in the last entry...It is a boring day today..we went to the library and got three movies for Nic to watch since he's getting tired of his current ones.  He wanted to watch Scooby Doo but they didn't have any available at this time.  He got hooked on Scooby Doo because of his cousin Jaden lol 
Cory had to go into work for a bit so I thought I would post pics and get my entries done now while I have some time.  He hates when I spend so much time on here when he's home so I try to do it when he's gone. 

I have to start with a recipe that Cassie wanted.  Nic LOVES this dish and if you like tuna you will love this recipe.

TUNA OVER BISCUITS

3 TBS flour
3 TBS butter (real butter works best)
2 cups milk
1 sm box velveeta cheese (8 oz box)
2 can's tuna in water (6 oz)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper


First what you want to do is preheat your oven to 350* and then open and drain your tuna because once you start this you can't stop stirring it or you will have unwanted lumps.

After you have done this then add the flour and butter to your pan and stir to make a rue.
NOTE: this is all done on Med heat.

 




Now add the milk...and DON'T stop stirring! lol  Add the first cup of milk VERY slowly while stirring.  Then once you get that one cup in you can add the other cup more quickly.   After all the milk is added it will look like this: Notice i changed from my fork to my whisk.  This will help on getting rid of any lumps



Now add the Velveeta (cut up in chunks) and stir while it melts. 



When you cheese is melted; add your 2 cans tuna and salt/pepper  I never add salt because with the cheese and butter it's salty enough.  This is what it will look like after that:



Then let that sit on med heat while you get your biscuits ready and put on pan.  Letting it simmer for about 5 min stirring occasionally.

I use the cheap roundy's biscuits but you can use any kind. It  tastes great on any kind of biscuit, we have tried several ;)
Your oven will now be preheated so you can throw them in the oven right away. 



Now, remove your tuna mixture off the heat and let it sit while biscuits bake ( about 10-15 min) your mixture will thicken a bit while it sits.  And after it sits it will look like this:



Slice open your biscuits and serve this  mixture over the top of them!  YUM!  Kids seem to really love this!  Serve with beans or corn! 






Here are just some fun photos for ya:











Here are some of the cute clothes my neice and sister got for Nic!  He's doing spins and he wanted to wear his new clothes already. 



My kitchen...IT'S DONE! Finally!  All organized, even the cupboards... and ready, until next season.





Ok I had pics take of the other clothes my niece and sister got but for some reason they did not export here correctly!  I will have to try again and post them on my next entry. 







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK!  That answered my question!  It looks good I will try it sometime.  The pictures are great.  I love the color of the dogs nose!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I used to serve that all the time when my kids were home.  I still make tuna-noodle casserole (with peas) for us big people every once in awhile.  I see that little kitty has settled in nicely.  Nic is so cute !   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

OK I am full from dinner but that looks so good. Remember when we were in school they made that. Yummy! I make mine pretty similar to yours and sometimes instead of biscuits I put is tover noodles and add peas. Stephanie loves it. I should make it soon.

Kallie

Anonymous said...

I love you. You always share with pictures and your normal daily recipes that everyone can use. Love seeing Nic eat... I wish mine would eat like that. WOW love the kitchen it's so clean and sparkly when can you come help me? Yes there is the snow. Where's the snowmen?
Take care and hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Great pics...the recipe looks yummy!

Your kitchen looks so nice

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks so nice.  I want an island in my kitchen. I just showed Kevin yours.  Have a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

YUM-O on the tuna biscuits! I am going to print that off to take to my parents....i make dinner for them a couple nights a week. I know they will LOVE it and my Daddy has dentures and it looks soft to eat. :)
Your kitchen is so cute and CLEAN.....you put me to shame!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda