Sunday, February 24, 2008

OH MY POOR VAN~!

Well, first off I will start with the good news of our yesterdays trip into town.  We called Alex and asked her to go out to eat with us.  We hadn't done that in MONTHS and we finally saved up enough to go to King Buffet.  We met her there and we had a great time.  She seemed happy and just in a terrific mood.  She is over Pat thank god and she told me she hadn't even been reading his myspace.  She never even seen the comments that I had seen.  I was so proud of her for that.  So she was very talkative and just very polite.  That made me so happy.   She took Nic for us so we could finish up our shopping without having to get him in and out of the van all the time.  That really helped a lot!  While out shopping we were looking at all the people around...it was actually 27 degrees here (finally above the negative temps we had been getting) and the sun was just amazing yesterday, so warm.  People were running around with short sleeves on and kids with no Jackets!  I think everyone is aching for spring?
So anyway...we finally get our stuff done and head to pick up Nic and then off for home.  Then a while later Cory and Nic go over to grandma's because Nic has been just waiting for the chance to introduce grandma to Bella.   Cory calls me a while later and tells me that they would like us to go out to eat with them.  We did (twice today) lol We didn't have to pay the second time ;)  And we had a great steak.  On the way home we had a run in with a deer!  Yes..at 55 MPH we hit that med sized deer.  Nic was so sad,  he kept saying POOR DEER!  I miss him!  He was just so sad the rest of the way home.  We got out to veiw the damage and this is what we seen.  Cory wasn't even able to get his door to open at first.  Now they fixed it so at least the door can open.  I'm so mad...we only carry liability on the van since it's so old and it has close to 200,000 on it now.  SO now I have to drive around with my van looking this way until she dies.  We are going to fix the light of course and any legal thing that has to be fixed to be able to drive it. Well, we know now that this van will not be making the trip to Florida with us.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!  At least none of you were hurt.  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

my 19 yr old hit the garage with my new car yrs ago and we never got it fixed so i go around with a big old dent too. Ugh.
Sorry you hit that deer.....glad you got out and had a good day with the kids though!
HUGS, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

LOL.....you said 27 degrees?  in t shirts?  oh wow...that would never happen here.  it's about 50+ out right now and people are wearing down jackets.  lol.

wow...that's one heck of a dent.  i'm glad y'all are okay, that had to be scary.

glad your girl is doing well, and glad she's not looking back.  good for her.

enjoy the rest of your weekend~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'd rather drive that way than you or any of youir family being hurt!!!

Also glad Alex is being more like her old self.

(((Big hugs)))
Kallie

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your van, but I'm so thankful none of you were hurt. It sounds like you had a good day before that happened though...I'm so thankful you got to spend some special time with your daughter, how wonderful for you, Carrie!!
Oh, I finally made it over to look at your Bella journal....simply beautiful, what a treasure for you and Nic, make sure to print each entry!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Cars running into deer is a very common occurrence around here.  Saturday night a neighbor girl ran into a cow right down the road; no farmers will admit it was their cow!

Anonymous said...

I do think we are all aching for Spring. 27 still sounds so cold to me. I guess when you have had temps in the negatives though...27 starts feeling great. Oh man, sorry you hit a deer! That sucks so bad. It really messed up that side didnt it? Did the stupid deer run off or was it dead? When are you going to Florida? What part do you go to?

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was some smack.   Poor Deer.   (I miss him!)  lol   Nic is so cute.    Hopefully you can get the damage taken care of with no probs.   Glad to hear lunch with Alex went well.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

OMG!!  That's a lot of damage.  That was from a medium size deer?  I've never hit a deer thank goodness.  At least you guys are okay.
Missie

Anonymous said...

OMGOODNESS you guys are so lucky. Deers are so dangerous to hit. Your poor car. Guess should be thankful that it still drives and you guys were hurt.
Take care, Chrissie