Friday, February 22, 2008

I hate to do this but....

I feel another rant coming on!

 My son didn't have school today because the main waterline busted.  Fine...so I told him he would be helping clean today SINCE he has not helped me at ALL all week long.  That's acceptable right?  Well he started throwing a big fit cuz he wants to go into town and hang out with friends.  Well, that would happen SOONER if he would clean rather then argue with me!  He knows arguing doesn't work with me.  SO then he kept on until he got his phone taken away.  Ya that really got him mad...and so he told me I was being mean.  Well, I can tell ya what...he seen "mean" for a while today!  He is spoiled rotten and that is his problem.  When I make him do something for the day then all of a sudden I'm MEAN?? 
I love my kids to death and it just really hurts when they say those types of things.  When did kids start saying that?  I NEVER said that to my parents... ever. I had more respect for them then that.  Ya sometimes I was angry with them but I still never acted like that!  It hurts, it really does.  I totally expected more from him.  He was always my "good" child.  I was hoping he would be the good role model for Nick.  He used to care about getting his homework in but lately that has been slacking too.  I just don't see any other way to get his attention but to be a little harder on him.  I took his phone today, told him that if this didn't get done he was not leaving the house.  And I have really been considering taking his phone all week. Now if he can just get his butt moving he will get his phone back  and he can go where he wants to until 9:30 tonight.  If that were me I would be busting my butt to get it done.  BUT no, he's poking around reading everything he picks up (ha ha Kallie this totally reminded me of you!!) and he's  just SLOW!~  

Maybe I should just take him over my knee and spank him!!!??  Ok well, other then that...nothing much going on around here...just laundry and cleaning.  One thing I DO know...Stefan sure does wish he had school today ;)  lol 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not mean you just want him to be responsible. One day he'll leave the nest & without your help to show him how to do it he'd be lost. Keep doing right by him & when he's older he'll get it. I take away my kids' favorite item to grab their attention. Emmi

Anonymous said...

you meanie !!! LOL  Kids are so funny.  Just do what your mom ask of you and then you are free to go do what you want. easy as that !!  I remember my mom telling me the same thing. Hope you have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Nicci acts the same way with me.  Gosh forbid I ask her to empty out the dishwasher! Teenagers don't mean what they say!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Yep, at the first sign of going against the grain, you are mean...I get that too. Thats okay, they get over it. Kids need boundaries. He is still your good son, he just has a case of teen angst...that will last for several years at least...hey mine is 13 and we are just getting started..lol. Take a deep breath and tell him to quit arguing and just get it done...and then there wont be anything to get upset about! ;)

Anonymous said...

One thing I've learned for sure....kids will say alllll manner of terrible things, and mean it when they say it.    Later, though....they know they shouldn't have said it, and don't feel that way anymore.   If him telling you you are mean is the worst of it, you got off easy!   I don't even want to tell you some of the things I heard when mine was a teenager!    I'm sure glad those days are over  lol
I was too scared when I was a teenager to sass my parents.   It just wasn't done.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

oh yeah..i think 4 out of 7 days a week i'm the meanest person in the world.  

if he wants to go bad enough he'll do the chores though, right?  and if he wants to keep his phone he'll mind his tongue.  that's not too much to ask.  and yeah, never in a million years would i have talked to my parents that way.  no way.  i still remember the first time i said a 'bad word' and told my dad 'screw you'.  oh my...i thought i wouldn't see the next day and i didn't have a clue what it meant.

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Yes, teenagers I don't care how good they are don't have respect for their parents the way we used to. My mom was 42yo when I was born and she was old school. I never said one cross word to her even IF I thought it.
You're not alone same thing happens over here.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I know if I talked to my Mom that way I would of gotten spanked!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey now!!! That is not nice. I just hated always having to do the dishes when Mike was supposed to do them or at least help. LOL

I still love ya. :)
Kallie

Anonymous said...

teens can be so mouthy and not realize if they'd just hush and do as they are told, they'll get more things they really want.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Yep, sassy mouths...they sure do have them these days! You are right, I wouldn't dare talk to my Mom that way or I would be wearing her hand on my mouth. And work...I had to help change sheets, mop floors, clean toilets, etc, I even had a night I had to make dinner, etc. Plus the only dishwasher in our house growing up was me!!!! LOLOL!! Mandy would have died of "whine" disease if she would have had to do all of that. LOL!! She did have a list of chores though, and if she didn't do them....she didn't go anywhere!!  I think I allowed her to be sassy because I didn't feel I was ever allowed to express my anger, but I think I was too soft on it, because it made for mouthy teen years.....even though it comes in handy now! I'll be thinking of you...hang in there, they do grow up and become wonderful human beings!! LOL!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda