Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My run in with a bull AND video and pics too!

Ok I don't have video and pics of the BULL but of the snow. lol  I wish I would have had my camera in my car and I would have had pics of the bull. 

Ok so here is the story...I was driving home and decided I would take the back roads instead of the highway.  On my way down a VERY snowy and icy road I seen a bull walking on the road.  There were several people ahead of me and they just went around him and left him there.  ME I stopped.  I got out of the van (NOT THINKING) and walked right over to that bull and tried to tug on his collar he was wearing. I could see where he belonged because there were more like him in a cage not far away from the road so I planned on at least getting him close to that fence and then knocking on the door.  Well he would not budge and he was looking at me like what the heck are ya doing lady!  So I let go and started calling him... hitting my leg.  "COME ON COW" I said "Come on cow!"  I kept saying it hitting my leg and walking towards his home.  He started FOLLOWING ME! lol  Ok by this time I'm thinking...OK this is a VERY LARGE bull and what would I do if he charged?  It was to late by that time lol  so I just kept saying "come on cow!"  I see a man from the house walking towards me now laughing.  He says to me "are ya nuts?"  I said I could very possibly be! lol  I told him I didn't think that he could possibly be mean at all.  I mean we ran around in cow pens all the time as kids and there were bulls in there that caused no harm at all.   The guy was amazed that I would do such a thing and thanked me. He said I was very lucky the bull didn't charge me.  He said maybe the fact that I just walked right up to him and didn't  hesitate?   I told him I didn't want to see him hurt or worse yet someone in a car hit him and die!  I have seen that happen.  Ya it was crazy to do but ya know! lol 

ANYWAY...here are some snow pics:





Max was confused by the shovel. He kept barking at it! lol 





This is the back of our house.  Most of the snow was blowing right by our house.











This is our oil tank...it was totally buried up!  We had to shovel it out. You can kind of see it behind Max...it's green



Look how big Jack is getting!  He's non stop!



Here are a couple video:  I still have more to share later. On the last video you can hear the crunchy snow when I walk on it.  It's was -9 outside. 



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny about the bull!  I wouldn't go nowhere near the bull!  You are on brave crazy woman.....lol!!

Anonymous said...

That's the best bull story I've heard!  You have some great pictures here; I wish we'd ever get lots of snow like that.

Anonymous said...

LMAO.......at the bul story.  No way would I do that!  Thx for the laugh.  Oh the snow is so pretty!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

You have guts girl....no way I'd go near the bull, but it was a funny story!! I loved all the pictures of the snow and Max.....and Jack IS growing, holy cow!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

LOL. i am so scared of cows, i have no idea why but they scare the bejebus out of me.  that was quite brave....good lookin' out.

little Eli loved the video of the cats playing.  he kept laughing at it and telling me 'cat'.  i love seeing all that snow.

have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Girl you're crazy.. and that's probably what the bull was thinking. I don't mess with them myself.
Kyan loved the last video watching Max run around in the snow, then he disappeared, and popped out on you Kyan laughed so hard then.
Now that's some snow I like how you have to dig a walk way waist high and it stays LOL. I remember those days.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Can I slap you upside the head?  I can't believe you walked right up to a bull!!  You are so lucky he didn't charge!  I can't believe all the snow you have.  Brrrrr.  Have a good night.
Missie

Anonymous said...

WOW, look at all that snow!!! WOW.   You are a bit crazy to go talk to that bull but you are a nice crazy, lol. You have alot of guts too!!!!
Great videos and pics.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

That is TOO MUCH SNOW!!!!!! AHHGHHH! You are nuts! You were lucky that bull liked you and maybe it was because you werent scared that he didnt charge you. You just had his best interest in mind. :) Your still nuts though! LOL